I swim some. In August 2016 I swam the Marilyn Bell route across Lake Ontario, ratified by Solo Swims Ontario with swim master Shaun Chisholm. My open water mentor and GLOW coordinator Madhu Nagaraja led our fantastic team on the water. The swim was part of our ongoing efforts to raise funds and awareness for our Great Lakes. With GLOW: Great Lakes Open Water adventures, we promote and pursue adventures in our home waters and around the world.
GLOW adventures take inspiration from our friends and fellow wild swimmers, a humbling list that includes such extraordinary people as Marilyn Bell, Lynne Cox and Natasha Brooks, groups like the South End Rowing Club, the Marathon Swimmers Federation, our friends at LOST, and remarkable organizations like Lake Ontario Waterkeeper, one of many groups around the world working tirelessly to defend our shared heritage in the world’s lakes, oceans, and waterways.
Some of my swims
- Lake Ontario: NOTL-Toronto (51km, 18hrs 35min 08sec, 22C, Channel rules)
- SSO Trial Swim, July 2016: Burlington Beach to Oakville (18.5km, 5hrs52m, 17C)
- SF Bridge-to-Bridge 2015. 1:24:05.8 (skin, tide assisted, 10km, 21C)
- FINA Masters 3k 2014. 0:47:22.2 (skin, flat water, 3km loop)
- Boston Light Swim 2014. 3:28:13 (skin, open water, 13.1km, 15C)
- Elma Couture 10k 2013. 2:37:13 (skin, flat water, 2.5km loop)
- LOST 10k 2012. 3:03:37 (skin, rough water, 3.3km circuit)
- English Bay Challenge 2012. 2:54:45 (wetsuit, open water, 9.1km)
- Eton 10k 2012. 2:20:45 (wetsuit, flat water, 2km loop)